OEM12C & wsm-pm

I find OEM incredibly hard to work with.  Not while it's running as it's actually a nice product from a user perspective, but keeping it working always seems like a huge hassle.

This is partly because my knowledge of Weblogic is minimal, and partly because the documentation doesn't really explain where one thing starts and the other ends.  When I'm configuring something, am I configuring Weblogic, or am I configuring OEM?  It's not always clear.

So, we come to today's issue. The target: /EMGC_GCDomain/GCDomain/EMGC_ADMINSERVER/wsm-pm was showing as down after a restart of the OMS.  I tried starting it from within OEM, which complained because it's not possible to control Weblogic through OEM, which makes sense.

I logged in to the Weblogic console, and navigated to GCDomain->Deployments, located wsm-pm in the list, went to the Targets tab and EMGC_AdminServer wasn't in the list of targets!  Sounds like a simple fix, then.  Click Lock and Edit, add EMGC_AdminServer to the list of targets, and click activate changes.

No chance, not this time.

Weblogic presented a Java stack trace, and under Servers->EMGC_AdminServer->Deployments, showed wsm-pm as "Failed".

It took lots of searching but I eventually found My Oracle Support doc 1538362.1 (https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=1538362.1) which suggests editing a text file and editing both the mds-owsm and wsm-pm sections to add EMGC_AdminServer to the deployment section.  On a hunch, I searched through the Weblogic console for mds-owsm and found under the Targets tab that it had also not been deployed to the EMGC_AdminServer server.

I added EMGC_AdminServer to the list of deployments, activated the changes, then added wsm-pm, and this time it worked, and within seconds my OEM was showing everything as up again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Data Guard with Transparent Application Failover (TAF)

RMAN-05531 During RMAN Duplicate from Active Data Guard Standby

Data pump - "ORA-39786: Number of columns does not match between export and import databases"