DBControl/11g OEM and Shared Servers - Part II

As noted in this post here, I previously had problems with the 11g EM Agent connecting to the database using a shared server instead of a dedicated one.

I've recently had the joy of performing a switchover of a dataguard primary & secondary so have had to re-create a bunch of stuff, including the OEM repositories.  Due to some major configuration issues with the standby I've ended up dropping and recreating the repositories completely, so have had to revisit this issue.

I followed my own advice in the previous post, which got rid of one of the sessions using shared servers, but the OMS was still connecting using a shared server.  I have a vague memory of resolving this before but the details eluded me, so I did it this way.


  • cd $ORACLE_HOME/$HOSTNAME_SERVICENAME/
    (e,g. cd $ORACLE_HOME/server1.domain.local_ORCL/
  • vi sysman/config/emoms.properties
  • Find the line starting:
    oracle.sysman.eml.mntr.emdRepConnectDescriptor
  • After the SERVICE_NAME or SID section, add:
    (SERVER\=DEDICATED)
  • Save the file
  • Restart dbconsole:
    $ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl stop dbconsole
    $ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl start dbconsole
Job done.

After thinking about it and exploring the settings some more, I think I may have resolved this before by going to Setup->Management Services and Repository->Monitoring Configuration and setting a custom connect descriptor, but I'm not completely sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Data Guard with Transparent Application Failover (TAF)

RMAN-05531 During RMAN Duplicate from Active Data Guard Standby

Data pump - "ORA-39786: Number of columns does not match between export and import databases"