Ubuntu on my HP DV7-2110 SA

I'm a fairly long-time Ubuntu user, starting off with 7.04 and have at least dabbled with various Ubuntu versions.  I've also experience with other distros - mainly SuSE and RedHat, but quite a long time ago!  I've had some major issues with both wireless network access and graphics cards on my old Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M.  Nothing that I couldn't get working but the whole process would go far beyond an inexperienced user's abilities.

I caved in and installed Ubuntu on my PC the other week, and once again have been very impressed with the whole thing. The install was smooth and had no problems.  The wireless and graphics "just worked", and even enabling the advanced graphics effects caused no issues except a slight wooziness watching the way some of the windows wobble when being moved :-)

I installed the 64-bit version because I have a 64-bit processor, damnit, and want to use it.  The only difficulty I have had so far is Adobe Air (I love TweetDeck so).  It's not supposed to work on 64-bit Ubuntu but the .deb installed and runs just fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Data Guard with Transparent Application Failover (TAF)

RMAN-05531 During RMAN Duplicate from Active Data Guard Standby

Data pump - "ORA-39786: Number of columns does not match between export and import databases"