A Fitness Kick

So I've done what I've been trying to persuade myself to do for ages.  I've taken advantage of Wrexham County Borough Council's offer, of £25 for 30 days membership of their "Pure" leisure centre stuff.  This gives me access to the pool, gym, sauna and classes.

I joined on Friday, 6th August and so far have been to the pool several times and the gym twice (had to wait for an induction for the gym), and damn do I feel sore now.  This much exercise is unexpected.

I'm going in the morning before work, so am turning up as they open the door at 0700.  When I've been swimming, must admit I'm not doing much because I'm a wimp and it hurts.  Today was a record with 7 whole lengths!  I need to work out some kind of routine for myself at the gym because it's all too easy to get caught in a cycle where I only do the things I like!  Somehow, I don't think that's the point.

I've got to keep this going.  It's not going to be hard, I think as although the mornings are killing me, I am mostly enjoying it.  I might skip the occasional morning and go to the gym in the evening instead as really... mornings and me do not mix.  The last 2 nights I've been in bed before 2130.

It's a bit of a shock to the system coming from my last gym membership (a while ago now, admittedly), which was at a Bannatyne's.  Everything there was gleaming, clean, smiling, and can I say clean again?  The service there was 100% every single time I visited, never once had a bad experience (I was mystery shopping them so I really was paying close attention).  Waterworld isn't exactly dirty, but it's definitely slightly grubby.  It looks like it needs to be shut for a day or two while it gets a really good going over.  That's probably not going to happen any time soon, though!

I was going  to take a photo before I started and try to do comparison pics as I go on - but have decided that I really don't want to :)

So here's to hoping that I keep it up and that I see some benefits fairly soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Data Guard with Transparent Application Failover (TAF)

RMAN-05531 During RMAN Duplicate from Active Data Guard Standby

Data pump - "ORA-39786: Number of columns does not match between export and import databases"