Carrying on at the gym

I'm still going, 4 times a week appears to be a good average, about 45 minutes a go but definitely increasing the work I'm doing - I've gone up a level or two on just about everything, and I'm pushing far too much on the leg-presses, and NOWHERE near enough on the shoulder presses (ow, how can so little weight hurt so much?).

I keep on thinking I'm noticing changes in how I look but I don't know if I really am changing shape.  I hope I am, but I'm not so sure, it seems hard to tell objectively.  Last week I was down 5lbs, I haven't measured this week and am not so hopeful, it's been an odd week for eating, with take-out pizza on Tuesday, a BBQ with LOTS of beer on Saturday, topped off with curry & wine tonight.

I definitely notice the ache afterwards if I push really hard at something.  For example today I can really feel the muscles in my chest when I reach back for something, and I noticed the muscles in my legs moving when I was out walking today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Data Guard with Transparent Application Failover (TAF)

RMAN-05531 During RMAN Duplicate from Active Data Guard Standby

Data pump - "ORA-39786: Number of columns does not match between export and import databases"